Living in the Great Lakes Basin, we take freshwater for granted. Not so for others living elsewhere on this planet. We must recognize that freshwater is a finite resource. Out of our respect for the Great Lakes and others not so fortunate, Great Lakes Citizens must not only get on board with and practice water conservation, we must lead the way as stewards of the waters in the Great Lakes Basin.
Below are links to conservation practices and products for individuals, businesses and communities.
Water Conservation Practices and Products for Individuals and Families:
- Using Water Efficiently: Ideas for Residences from WaterSense an EPA Publication
- Great Water Saving Tips for your home and garden
- How to Save Water with Your Irrigation System.
- Water Conservation: 25 Ways to Conserve Water in the Home and Yard from Earth Easy
- Water Footprint Calculator
- Water Conservation Throughout the Home
Businesses and Communities:
- EPA WaterSense: Commercial
- Water Conservation and the Soft Path is from the Polaris Institute and also offers alternatives for water conservation and water management
- Alliance For Water Efficiency is a group of water conservation professionals in the U.S. and Canada dedicated to water efficiency and sustainability
Agricultural Irrigation, water use and conservation practices.
The preceding links are not located on the FLOW FOR Water Web site but are provided to help you find tools and information regarding water conservation. These links do not represent an endorsement of the products or any commercial enterprise by Flow For Water and FloW for Water is not responsible for the content of these links.